Monday, March 21, 2016

A Journey to Remember - Week 2

The second week of my journey wasn’t the ideal workout week I would expect it to be. Mind you I was able to still workout and keep track of my macros however, things got in the way; mostly school.

As I’m going through this journey, I am completing my Bachelor of Arts degree in English. A lot have been asking what I am going to be doing with my degree once I graduate and my answer is to be teaching as an ESL instructor. Typically I would like to teach overseas because I have been hearing a lot of great opportunities as well as awesome experiences that friends, or friends of friends have told me. Now with me embarking on my journey in becoming a bodybuilder I would not let go of this goal. As I have mentioned in a previous blog that I would continue on with becoming a bodybuilder and compete in the MABBA (Manitoba Amateur Bodybuilding Associate) Fall Classics in October. I would also make it a career out of it as well. Being both a bodybuilder as well as an ESL instructor would benefit me in both situations. Being a bodybuilder would not only maintain my fitness and completing my goal of competing, it would show the motivation and the dedication I put into working hard in maintaining a healthy life. With ESL, I would be able to help individuals with their english reading, writing and speaking skills in order for those individuals to become successful with the english language. Both would benefit from one another in a way where I would continue to be a motivator to others in either fitness or the English language as well as set up goals for those individuals who want to make a difference in their lives, whether it is learning ESL or having a healthier lifestyle. I would make sure that I would balance both careers along with my personal life as well.


Enough of my goals and busy life what did I do during week 2. Week 2, like I’ve said, wasn’t the best week I had. I did workout and kept track of my macros, but it could have been much better. I didn’t push myself to my fullest during my workout however, I was still able to workout 4 out of the 7 days, which is still good. Also with keeping track of my macros I tried to maintain myself food consumption, but there were some days that I went over my fats, carbs, or protein. Regardless of missing a day or going over the macros, I am still continuing to push myself more each time to make sure that I bulk lean properly according to Brian’s plan that he gave me. So I encourage you, keep going, don’t stop, and believe in yourself with whatever you’re doing. Each one of us are able to reach for the goals that we set. All we have to do is continue to work for it, be motivated and find your reason why you set these goals and how you’re going to achieve them.

We can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment